Thursday, October 20, 2011

John's 2 cents on NYC Comic Con 2011

      Well, Tom covered the most of the story.  I'm just here to add a little extra.  You know, like having your appetizer after your entree', instead of before.   

      This was my first time at the Con.  Overall, it was a very fun experience.  Who doesn't love free t-shirts and posters of their favorite video games, movies, tv shows, and comic book characters?  And where else can you see 2 guys dressed up as Wario and Waluigi interviewing The Joker, with none of them actually speaking coherently and just laughing maniacally? ( I wish I had a picture to prove that I'm not making that last part up, it was hilarious.)  Anyways, on to business...  

 Resident Evil : Operation Raccoon City      

       Look, im not really one for these soley-multiplayer, online war-zone type of games, but I was surprised at how amazingly fun this game looked.  And damn, was it flashy.  The graphics were top notch.  People were crowded around this booth all weekend.  The game plays like a better version of Left 4 Dead, with characters that are far more interesting.  Plus, you get to interact with Resident Evil staples, like Claire and Leon.  You play as 4 Umbrella Corps. operatives coming in to wipe out the "infestation."  Of course, being the evil conglomerate they are, Umbrella doesn't want you to survive either, so it's all out war.   

      It handles very well and is quite addictive.  I'm actually excited for this game now, and before this I wasn't even thinking twice about buying it.  Hopefully, we'll find out more details in the coming months.     

  The Comic Con crowd grasping to get their hands on RE: Operation Raccoon City

Prototype 2    

        The first game wasn't a renowned hit, but for whatever reason I LOVED the game-play.  The story was definitely lacking, which is usually a deal-killer for me, but not this time.  The game was just too damn fun to put down.  You could take down helicopters with ease and traverse the city in no time  Well, Prototype 2 is still far from it's April 24 release date, but damn was that Alpha demo still fun.  I instantly remembered the mechanics and was off destroying tanks and people in no time. 

       This game puts you in the shoes of Heller, a man who's lost everything because of the outbreak in the 1st game.  This sets up the "protagonist" of the 1st game, Alex Mercer, as the villain this time around (he was kind of a dick anyway).

                                              Let's hope it's better than Mayweather vs. Ortiz.       

Legend of Zelda : Skyward Sword                

       Not too much to say, other than that this game looks amazing.  The graphics are beautiful and the swordplay is fluid.  The demo I played had me facing off in a boss battle.  The accuracy of the sword movements truly adds a tactical essence to the fight.  Like everyone else, I cannot wait to play this game.  

                           40-year old woman behind me as I played this demo: "Oh shit!  It's on now!"

2 comments:

  1. Woot, indeed. Zelda games never disappoint and they always go down as an all-time favorite.

    ReplyDelete